sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2012
( more about skimming and scanning)
How to Skim:
* Read the title.
* Read the introduction or the first paragraph.
* Read the first sentence of every other paragraph.
* Read any headings and sub-headings.
*Notice any pictures, charts, or graphs.
* Notice any italicized or boldface words or phrases.
* Read the summary or last paragraph.
How to Scan:
* State the specific information you are looking for.
* Try to anticipate how the answer will appear and what clues you might use to help you locate the answer. For example, if you were looking for a certain date, you would quickly read the paragraph looking only for numbers.
* Use headings and any other aids that will help you identify which sections might contain the information you are looking for.
* Selectively read and skip through sections of the passage.